Friday, July 1, 2016

The Ups and Downs

Do you ever have one of those days where you just can't wake up. You just can't get moving. You can't feel motivated to do anything? That is me today. UGH. I've been struggling with energy lately. I think its mostly because I feel like i've been burning the candle at both ends. I've been teaching lessons at LifeTime, teaching 18 students at home, and its summer time and we have a million things going on! We are staying up later and being much more social than usual, which is all awesome! But man, am I exhausted!

I haven't been doing very well with my intuitive eating lifestyle. Well, I guess i've been doing better on some things, I've been trying to do things that make me happy, i've been trying to stop feeling deprived in all areas of my life, I've been trying to replace the negative thoughts and comments in my head when they pop in. I am far from perfect, but I'm definitely working on those things which I know are an integral part of my healing process and learning intuitive eating. I guess I just feel like i'm still in the phase of allowing myself whatever sounds good, which is great, except I know its not great for my health, and its probably why I've been feeling like I'm dragging. Its also allowed me to be more lazy and avoid meal planning and cooking for my family, which i kind of hate, and especially hate when its hot and i'm busy and tired. But I know that eating out is a huge part of our problem. I'm never going to be able to find balance in my eating and life if I'm trying to survive on junk food. And its really not a good example to my kids. When  i do cook we've been having great family meals, and I love that, and I want that more for my kids. I want them to have those kinds of memories and those moments of good examples from me and Ryan.

I've also been so busy that i've let my exercise really slide by the way side. I'm just dragging by the time I finish my lessons and wrangle the kids. Bad excuses. I know that exercise makes me feel better, not just physically, but emotionally too. So I really need to figure out how to fit it all in. Luckily, I just finished my last week at LifeTime. I really enjoyed working there, I liked having co-workers to chat with, and students and parents who appreciated me, but I just got to the point where I realized it was making my life unnecessarily busy. I was gone too much, and too tired by the time I got done with my time there to have good energy for my students at home. So it was time to leave. I was sad to say goodbye, but maybe now i'll actually have time to exercise there again!

Ryan and I both feel like we are still sitting at rock bottom trying to find a way to claw ourselves back up, but I'm hoping we can take some baby steps to get us there.  For now we are focusing on making sure we are drinking enough water, moving our bodies more (setting realistic step goals), and eating out less. Those are definitely things we can do without starting back into Diet mentality and making ourselves crazy again, so its a step in the right direction. But so far I'm stinking at that today, very little water, and I've basically been sitting in my bed since I finished teaching this morning. So much for getting my steps in! I'm going to try and do something after dinner, which I am going to cook, and i'm going to drink some water while I make dinner! :)  One moment at a time I will figure this out...

No comments:

Post a Comment