Monday, October 15, 2012

My Journey!

Hello Everyone! I decided it was time to start a new blog for my fitness journey so I would stop talking about only me on my family blog. :) 

Here is my back story just to fill in my new readers. I am a mother of 3 kids, ages 7, 5, and 2. They were all born via c-section, and did quite a number on my body. I gained weight after getting married, and with each baby, of course. I managed to lose most of my baby weight after my son (baby #2), but then thanks to a miscarriage and baby #3 I gained it back. I have been working diligently to lose the weight now for about a year. I have lost about 20 pounds, and have about 20 more to go to my ultimate goal. I have done 4 sprint triathlons, a few 5k's and just completed my first 10k this past weekend. Now that it is the off season for racing, i've decided to change my approach to my fitness and am doing ChaLEAN Extreme from Beachbody. I'm working to gain muscle and lean down. I'm looking forward to having more muscle to help me in racing next year! I just completed the first phase and started the second phase this morning. Its exciting to see how much stronger i'm getting.

I became a Beachbody coach about a month ago because my journey has made me obsessed with fitness and I want to help others learn how to enjoy being fit and I love seeing people make progress toward loving themselves in their own skin. I want to eventually get my Personal Trainer certification. So if anyone wants someone to support them on their journey, i'm your girl!

Here are some of my personal records so far:

Sprint Triathlon: 1:33:57
5k: 32
10k: 1:05:06

Here are some before and during pictures to show my progress:



I hope you will enjoy sharing my journey with me! And maybe I can inspire you to start yours or rededicate yourself to the journey you have already begun.



No comments:

Post a Comment