Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Truth Tuesday



Confession time. I had a total candy binge last night. Candy is a HUGE weakness for me. But, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I ate well the rest of the day. So far today i'm eating great. The candy made me feel awful. I just need to remember that the next time I am tempted! (Which will be every day this week because of Halloween!). Its OK to have treats! You just have to remember to be careful with portions. Make them occasional, and savor them when you have them. Its ok to be a normal person! One thing that really helps me is thinking more about adding nutrition to my diet. If I focus on that, then I fill up on the right things, and then if I have a treat it isn't going to undo everything. And its a much more positive way to think than focusing on all the things you aren't allowed to have! There is a whole world of healthy, vibrant fruits, veggies, grains, proteins that you can eat! Find new ways to cook and prepare them. Find a way to enjoy them! I'm working on it, its a process.

Here is one of my favorite veggie recipes at the moment:

http://www.delightedmomma.com/2012/01/baked-cauliflower-poppers.html



No comments:

Post a Comment