Thursday, December 26, 2013

I'm BAAAAAACK!

Hey all! I've decided to resurrect this fitness blog. I need an outlet to post my goals and need the accountability. :) Also, I had a Tummy Tuck 3 weeks ago and I would like to have a place to write about my experience. So, I'm back! I'm going to start by recapping my year in 2013, since my last post was about what I had planned.

The races I completed in 2013:

JL Sorenson Rec Center Indoor Tri: 58 minutes

Race for Grief 10k: 1:09:36 (recovering from an IT band injury that plagued me all year)

Larson Cup Sprint Triathlon: 1:29 (1st place women's division, whoop!)

Wildflower Peddlefest: 51.38 Miles (can't find my time...but it wasn't a timed race, just a ride)

Utah Half Triathlon Relay: 1.2 Mile open water swim 44 minutes

Wonder Woman Ride: 72.93 miles

JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes: A crazy, crazy adventure. Horrible rain, winds and freezing tempuratures cut my 100 mile ride to 31 miles. It was an amazing weekend with Type 1 Diabetes friends though, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I also volunteered at a few races, and did lots of fun training rides and runs and swims with friends. I gained a lot of endurance this year. I was really proud of my training. I rode over 1000 miles, and swam more than I have in years. Running was a struggle due to my injury, but I did a lot of jogging and walking and therapy for my leg. My weight fluctuated a lot, and I lost some muscle tone because I spent so much time doing cardio, but I loved it. For the coming year i'm hoping to race a little less so I have more time for general fitness. But I am a cyclist now, and I love it and will continue to cycle a lot. And I could never give up my swimming completely. :) I'm sure my goals with evolve through the year, but mainly I want to listen to my body, be happy in my skin, and find joy in my journey. I'm hoping this is my year to reach my goal weight finally, but I'm not going to be obsessed with the scale. I'm just going to do my best, work hard, eat right and enjoy life. Here is to 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment