Sunday, February 9, 2014

Nutrition

I've got the workouts going, I'm feeling strong and motivated, but I have to say I've been letting my nutrition slip the last couple of weeks, between the flu and a family vacation, i've just been slacking. I know that no amount of exercise will show me the results I want if I don't reign in the food i'm taking into my body. So, I'm rededicated to that part of my life. I really struggle with eating too many carbs and too much sugar, so I'm reigning it in, tracking what I eat and trying to focus on eating more of the good stuff so I will be too full for the bad stuff. I'm home from church today with a sick baby, and usually I use the excuse of a lazy day to snack too much, but not today. So far i'm right on track, and I plan to stay that way. I'm not going to deny myself everything, I go crazy doing that, but I can definitely cut back. I went shopping yesterday and made a healthy, lower carb, higher protein meal plan for this week. I'm hoping that a couple weeks back on track and I will remember how much better I feel eating this way! I'd be lying if I said the snacks in the cupboard weren't calling my name, but like they say, "Will power is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets." So today i'm doing a lot of flexing of my will power muscles. :)




On another note, I finally got the ok to take off the surgical binder. I'm still wearing it sometimes, it helps my back and abs feel stronger, especially while I exercise, and it helps with the swelling, but its nice to get breaks from it. My incision is healing really well, just a small scab left, woot! And i'm going from seeing the doctor every 1-2 weeks to every 6-8 weeks. Woot! Almost back to normal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment