Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Race Schedule

Here is my current race schedule for this year! I'm sure I will change my mind a few times, and I always end up adding a race or two, but this is the plan:

Jan 1- Revolution Run (complete! 6 miles)
Jan 19- JL Sorenson Indoor Super Sprint Triathlon (complete! 58:00)
March 23- Purple Day 5k
April 13- Wonder Woman 1/2 marathon
May 18- Woman of Steel Triathlon
June 29- Run for Grief 10k
July- Larson Cup Triathlon
Aug 23- Mapleton Midnight Half

I'm also thinking I might try and squeeze in the rest of the JL Sorenson Race Series (a 5k, 10k, and an outdoor triathlon), it was fun to do a local small race...and they do finishers medals. Sweet! Here are some pictures from the indoor triathlon:

I realized this was my first time racing in the 30-35 age group. Weird.

One of my fellow Triple Threat Triathletes. She kicked my butt. :)

Yay for a medal! I'm hooked now. MUST. EARN. MORE. MEDALS. :)

The race was a good eye opener of how much training I need to get in before my real tri in May! I was happy with the swim, the bike was brutal, and as always the run was a little brutal too, but once I got over the jello legs from the bike it wasn't quite so bad. Lots of work to do though! I have my plan all ready to go and this is my first official week of training, so here we go! I need to get a 3 mile run in today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment