Thursday, January 10, 2013

Running base

I've been working my little tail off trying to get my running base back (did I ever have a running base? hm...) I don't think i've actually run 3 times a week ever. :) Its been tough! Its frustrating since I feel like I'm actually in shape, but running still makes me feel like a huffing puffing wimp! But I do remember when I couldn't run a half mile, and i've been running 2-3 miles 3 times a week. I do have to take walk breaks, or I do intervals, but I think i'm improving. I ran 2 1/2 miles on the indoor track at my gym today and only walked 2 of the 28 laps, so I'm happy with that! I've been having issues with side aches that i'm trying to work out, but I managed to avoid one today, so hopefully i'll figure it all out! I'm still working hard at my weights 3 times a week too. I love that i'm starting to see muscle definition all over my body. I just need to keep working on losing my fat layer so I can let my new muscles shine! It's hard, but that's ok! I can do hard things!


In other news...I was hired yesterday as a swim coach for JL Sorenson Rec Center. I am SO excited about this! I have always loved swimming and have a pretty natural talent for it. I've never been super fast, but I can hold my own, and I love being in the water. I am so excited for the chance to help others enjoy it too! I will be working with the junior swim league (Squids) and I will be teaching a Master's class. I think i'm most excited about the Master's class. I've seen a lot of adults realize that its not too late to learn to swim, and a lot of runners and cyclists learn that they CAN actually do a triathlon by learning to swim. I've improved a ton by attending these classes, so it'll be great to help other people feel the same! Its a really part time job just 4-6 hours or so a week, which is perfect for me! Just enough time to get some adult interaction and some self improvement, but not so much that I will be neglecting my little family. :)

1 comment:

  1. one day I will take a swim course and not fear the water...but today is not that day:) It's good to hear that there are adult classes out there though and I wouldn't be in with 5 yr olds:)

    ReplyDelete