Friday, January 1, 2016

Goals!

Here is my starting point:



Measurements:
Weight: 172.0
Abs: 34.5"
Waist (at belly button): 37.25"
Hips: 41"
R Thigh: 24"
R Bicep: 12.5"

Its hard to post all that! Its hard to be vulnerable. But, everyone starts somewhere. And this is my starting point for 2016. Its not square one, its just a few steps back from where I've been before. So I can do this!

Here are the fitness related goals I know I want to set for this year:

1) Another JDRF ride. I'm not sure where we are headed this year, and I'm not sure how many miles we will do, but Ryan and I will tackle it again together. This has become an important part of my life and I don't see that changing any time soon.

2) Stay active. Swimming, Biking, Running, Lifting. I want to do it all, but in a balanced way. I want it to include my family when possible and be something I love, not something I dread, and not something that takes over my entire life either. Its possible to do that and be very fit! I know it is! (I am shooting for another strong performance at the Larson Cup, so this will all help too!)

3) Conquer my running demons. I've come a long way with running. I've given up more times than I can count, but I always come back to it, because I don't want it to beat me! I have always said my goal is a half marathon, and I would love to tackle that some day, if its in the cards. But for now, I just want to slowly work on my strength and distance and get back to where I enjoy going to a run now and then. I've been running a little here and there and I'm not hating it! And my body is handling it ok, so I want to stay on that path and get more miles in this year. I may not get to the half this year, and that's ok, but I'd love to work towards it. My biggest running goal of the year for now is to be able to run stronger at the Larson Cup this year. I've been doing a lot of hip strengthening work to help my running form with the hopes that that will help me reach my goal injury free this time.

4) Get back to a healthy, maintainable weight for me. I long ago gave up on my "ideal" weight according to all the charts. I have never been able to get there, and I don't think I want to, because to get there would require too much sacrifice, and probably less muscle mass, and I'm not ok with that! Last year I got down to about 148/150 and I really liked my body and felt like I was strong and healthy. I would love to be 140-150 somewhere during 2016. I don't expect to hit a goal and stay there forever, I know there will be ups and downs, but that range is a good one for my body, so that's what I'm aiming for.

5) Learn to better love myself despite the ups and downs. I'm pretty darn good at beating myself up. I've always been my own worst critic, as most of us are. I set goals and then get so frustrated with myself when I'm not perfect at them. Well, guess what Diane? No one is perfect. I can do better, but I will fail sometimes, and that's ok! Whether i'm up 20 pounds or down to my goal, there will always be things to work on, and that's ok too. I need to work on loving the journey i've been given.


No comments:

Post a Comment