Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Still Plugging Along

Last week went well, it wasn't as good as week 1, but I was pretty happy with how it went. Real life happens and I don't expect perfection, but its progress. This past weekend we went on a little family vacation. It was really fun! My eating was terrible, as it usually is on vacation, but I didn't worry about it a lot, I tried to just enjoy our time together as a family. We stayed super busy! Tubing, movies, Olympic museum, playing in the snow, bowling, ice castles...we did everything we could think of!




I didn't weigh-in when we got back. I didn't want to feel down on myself, I need time to just live life and learn how to bounce back from that. I went right back to being on track yesterday and I'll do my best this week and weigh-in on Friday and see whats happening. I pushed myself hard in my workout yesterday and it felt good to step it up.

Stacey and I talked and decided our main focus for this year will be body composition. I will still do some races, I will still do a ride for JDRF (registration starts today, yippee!!), but I don't want the focus of my year to be the races. I've always counted on those finish lines to keep me motivated and moving, and they work well for me, but I also want to learn how to motivate myself, and how to feel accomplished by better fitting clothes rather than a finish time. I really want to be comfortable in my skin and in my clothes again, its really important to me, so I need to focus on that as much as I can and trust Stacey to help me get there. I want to lean up, get strong, and find me again! My emotions are always all over the map about myself, but today, I'm ready to embrace where I am and look forward to where I can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment