Wednesday, October 17, 2012

ChaLEAN Extreme


I thought I would share a little bit about what i'm doing right now in my workout regime. I am in my 5th week of ChaLEAN Extreme. This is a muscle building program by Beachbody. I LOVE it so far! Because of my triathlons and races this past year I have done a ton of cardio and I knew I needed to majorly change things up to get the changes I wanted in my body. Plus I wanted to gain some muscle to help me with my race goals. Its a 90 day, 3 phase workout program. The program is 3 days a week of heavy lifting and 2 days a week of cardio and stretching. I am in my 2nd week of the 2nd phase and it makes me happy! I feel like a super hero! I bought Selecttechs weights to use for it. They are the coolest things. They are adjustable from 5 to 52.5 pounds in 2.5 pound increments. They cost an arm and a leg but I know I will use them for a long time to come. I've worked up to using 22.5 pounds for some exercises. I love feeling strong. 

Here is a picture of me at the 30 day mark. I'm hoping all the new muscle will start showing through soon. :) I lost 2 inches and 3% body fat in the first 4 weeks, and they say the results pick up a lot after about 6 weeks. I'm excited to see where it takes me.









No comments:

Post a Comment