Thursday, March 6, 2014

Life is Good!!

I am in such a good mood today. Seriously. :) Yesterday was another cycle class with Stacey. It was probably the hardest workout I have ever done. We did time trials, which basically means we warmed up, then pushed hard for 10 minutes, 3 different times, and tried to beat ourselves in distance each time. Let me tell you, 10 minutes is a long time when you are working that hard! It was so so hard, I had to tell myself a lot of times not to quit. My body was totally exhausted! But I did it. I beat myself every time, and I pushed really hard. I was very proud of how I did when we were done. On the way home I was thinking about it and literally broke down in tears. I have spent years not liking myself. I've spent years feeling like I can't do hard things. And yesterday I proved to myself that I am not that person anymore. I didn't back down from the challenge. I pushed harder than I thought I could, and I overcame! And I was proud of myself! I've been proud of my body, I've been happy with the mirror, I haven't let the scale control me. And I feel free! I feel happy! As tired as I was yesterday, and still am today, I am in a fantastic mood. The scale was even up today, and I know its because I pushed my body to new limits, and I didn't let that number control how I felt today. I'm really like this new person I'm becoming and I plan to hang on to it for dear life.

Today I went in for my second Laser Hair Removal treatment. I talked a lot with the technician about my journey, and after it was over I showed her some of my progress pictures, and I was so happy to do it. I was so happy to talk about how hard i've worked, the time I'm putting into my recovery, my body, my nutrition. I didn't take the easy way out. Surgery certainly helped me improve my body and my mind set, but I did a ton of work before and after to get to where I am. And I'm going to keep pushing myself and making new breakthroughs.

Here are pictures from this morning. I'm loving my waist! Everything is still healing really well. My scar is still really noticeable as you can see, but I feel like its smoothing out really well and lightening up a little all the time. And I don't give it one second of thought. I'm fine with my scar and stretch marks!



No comments:

Post a Comment