Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Refocus

Its funny how a few days can change things. I was in such a good spot last week. I'm not saying i'm not in a good place now, but I let the scale get in my head a little this week. I've been focusing so much on my eating, and its hard when you are working so hard, and focusing so well, to not see big changes on the scale. I know I'm doing things the right way, and I know I am SO much healthier than I used to be, and most of the time I'm totally ok with all of that and I don't care what the scale tells me. But this week it has been jumping around a little, and making me crazy! I start to second guess how I'm feeling about my body because of a crazy number on a scale. A number that is affected by my food and water intake, by the time of the month, by the time of day, by the workout I did yesterday...obviously its not a reliable thing!! So I went downstairs. I did my workout. I planned my eating. And I took my weekly progress pictures. I made a few collages of some before and after pictures. There is only a small difference in weight in these pictures (I think about 5 lbs)! Obviously the scale doesn't say it all. I'm leaner, i'm healthier, i'm stronger. I really am seeing significant differences in how my body is performing. The numbers i'm producing at spin class every week say a lot! I'm more powerful and I have more endurance. So once again i'm reminding myself that the scale DOES NOT MATTER. I bought a pair of jeans this week that I want to wear on our trip next month. I can get them on, but they are snug, on purpose. I will prove to myself that the work I am doing is working. Those pants will fit me beautifully by the time we leave. I'm sure of it. Tomorrow is my last workout from month 2 with my trainer. I'm excited to see what she has in store for me in month 3! 





No comments:

Post a Comment