Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Truth Tuesday



A friend of mine posted this link to a video for me to see on Facebook. It hit home in so many ways! I think so many of us feel like the girl in the video. We want to be happy and we think that making our bodies exactly like the image in our heads will make us happy. Exercise and fitness is a huge part of finding happiness for me. It gives me time to focus on myself and it pushes me to accomplish things that I wouldn't normally push myself to do. And I have found that I feel a great amount of accomplishment when I knock down a goal or help someone else knock down the walls they built around themselves. However, I have learned that being more fit is not the end all, be all of being happy. I'm learning this as I go along. I have learned that above all I need to love myself as I am. Do I want to change my body? Yes. Do I want to be healthier and more fit? Yes. Do I have fitness goals to accomplish? Yes! But I need to accept that me, as I sit here at this very moment is all that I ever need to be.  I need to accept myself and all my flaws and love myself! I'm working on it step by step. And I want you to work on it too! Here is a good mantra for us all:





No comments:

Post a Comment