Monday, January 6, 2014

Lift!

I did my first post-op lifting workout this morning! It felt so good to pick up the weights again. I'm starting light, mostly 7.5 and 10 pounds weights. It makes me smile that I call those my light weights, it wasn't too long ago that I never lifted anything above 8 pounds when using free weights. Ever. But for now those were plenty heavy. I did 12 slow and steady reps of 10 different exercises, a variety of bicep exercises, some triceps, a few different types of squats, and 10 push-ups on my knees. The push-ups will be slow to come back, just those 10 on my knees were hard, and use a lot of core, so I will take it easy on those for a while. I walked briskly on the treadmill first for 30 minutes, so I was nice and warm when I picked up the weights. I loved my hour in my new exercise sanctuary! I wrote out my schedule for the next 4 weeks, 3 days a week of cycling, and 3 days a week of walking/jogging and weights. I'm hoping I can increase intensity and weight each week, but I expect to take it slowly. I'm just glad to have a written plan. I even know what weight exercises I plan to do on each weight day. I do so much better with a plan. I also am hoping to have a friend or my husband join me on occasion on my cycling days, I do much better at sitting on my trainer when there is someone to talk to! Yay for taking the first steps to getting back in the game. I'm feeling really good other than the open sore on my incision. The doctor has me packing it with gauze twice a day to help it heal and dry out, its pretty sore, but it's coming along and not hindering me too much, except I can't sleep on my left side which makes me crazy. :) I'm still wearing my binder 24/7 except to shower, and probably will at least another week or two depending on how the wound heals.


After my workout, 4 weeks 6 days post-op.

No comments:

Post a Comment