Saturday, January 11, 2014

Success!

I completed every one of my scheduled workouts this week, every day Monday-Saturday. WOOT! I walked 4.95 miles on my treadmill (briskly and usually with an incline of 1-3%), rode my bike 25.61 miles, and lifted weights 3 times. I'm feeling really good. My eating has not been as stellar this week sadly, I'm really good breakfast through lunch, but late afternoon and evening are a struggle for me (plus I didn't make it to the store for a major grocery shopping trip this week, so we were scrounging a bit)! So I'm not seeing much weight loss yet, but it's at least a slow downward trend. I have a Withings scale that tracks my weight, body fat and heart rate, and gives me all sorts of charts on my phone and I love it, it helps me see that despite the ups and downs the trend is still good. I definitely am not obsessed with my weight any more. I don't really care if I ever hit "that" number. But I can't wait to start seeing changes in my body again. I want muscle definition and strength and endurance! I joined a new gym this week to give me some classes and machines that will help me mix up my workouts, and just looking at all of the toned people around me is a great motivator! But I gotta say I was feeling pretty good in my workout clothes there today. WOOT. I call that great progress. I get a session with a trainer next week to find out my baseline and get some tips on workouts and food, so I'm hoping to take full advantage of that and get some good ideas for moving forward toward my goals. 15 weeks until I leave for my first ever tropical vacation. I've got some work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment